Background

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years

For the anniversary of September 11th I was going to write a long heartfelt post about that day , I just can't manage it. I didn't personally know anyone who lost their life that day , but it still brings me to tears to relive it. So instead of a lengthy post, here's what I wrote earlier this morning.

I can't believe it's been ten years already . Ten years since the world was changed forever. Ten years since millions around the world sat in front of a TV, watching in horror. Ten years since hundreds of men and women in uniform went rushing into a building to save others lives, only to lose their own. Ten years since thousands of families lost a loved one. Ten years, and the emotion is still so raw. Today my heart goes out to those families. Today marks a day no one will ever forget.

{source}


The Pentagon
{source}

















Flight 93 Memorial
Shanksville, Pennsylvania
{source}



I hope you and yours enjoy a beautiful Sunday together. Give those around you a little extra squeeze today, just because you can.

2 comments:

  1. Catie,
    Very well said...God Bless America!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is unbelievable that this event even happened, let alone 10 years ago. It still feels as raw as if it were yesterday.
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soo much for stopping by!! Please don't be shy, leave a comment or question. I love hearing from you! If you'd like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. : )
~ Catie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...